Westland Decorative Mini Bark gives a highly decorative, low-maintenance finish for small borders and container. These small brown chips not only create a clean background for displaying your plants against, but also reduce the need for frequent weeding.
Produced from sustainable conifer plantations grown for the timber industry, certified in accordance with Forest Stewardship Council standards (FSC®).
- 8-20mm mini chips
- Specially screened for a highly decorative finish
- Ideal for use in containers as well as small decorative borders
- Helps retain moisture in soil
- Suppresses weed growth
- 50 litre
- 70 litre
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
- Westland Decorative Mini Bark provides an ideal decorative mulch for small borders and for containers and plant pots
- It reduces weeding time, conserves water and provides thermal insulation for plant roots
How to Use
Beds & borders
Prepare the area by removing all weeds and debris. Spread a layer of bark 2.5cm to 5cm deep evenly over the bed or border.
For best results lay a perforated plastic or fabric membrane under the bark. Cut an x-shaped hole in the membrane and place shrubs and plants into the planting hole under the membrane. Spread the bark chips back under the plant canopy to hide the membrane.
Remove any annual weeds as they appear. Maintain a good mulch layer and replenish with fresh bark annually.
Leave a 5-7cm space at the top of each container. Spread a 3-5cm layer of Westland Decorative Mini Bark over the top of the compost or soil. This will provide a thermal insulation making the pots less likely to dry out.
Remove annual weeds as they appear. Check the compost underneath is fresh at least once a year and top up the bark.
Handy Gardening Tips
- Store in a dry, frost-free place away from weedkiller or other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Wear gloves when handling. Wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I have cats and dogs, is Decorative Mini Bark suitable for my garden?
A. Yes, Decorative Mini Bark is 100% Sitka spruce bark with nothing else added and will not cause concern for your pets. However we do know dogs like to chew wood so if your pet likes to do this then please consider if the product is suitable for them.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com