Westland have some great tips to attract wildlife to your garden. Natural habitats are reducing, it is more important than ever to provide food and shelter to birds and insects. Follow our 5 simple steps to see more birds and beneficial insects around your home.
- Place a Gardman Bee & Bug House around your garden to provide a snug, safe place for ladybirds, bees and other insects.
- Hang up a bird feeder or set up a feeding station to see more birds flying in and out of your garden. In addition fill feeders with the Peckish Complete seed mix which can be used all year round. A seed mix filled with vitamins and minerals to keep garden birds healthy.
- Sow plants and flowers to attract pollinators, such as Buddleia or lavender and other wildflowers from the Nature’s Haven seeds range. Or use the Nature’s Haven Easy Wildflowers, which is a ready to use seed & compost mix. A special blend to attract bees, butterflies and other beneficial insects.
- Provide a source of water for birds and other wildlife. Whether you create a pond, put out a bird bath or even just a bowl of water. It is very important to keep wildlife hydrated with clean, fresh water throughout the year. The Peckish Secret Garden Bird Bath is easy to assemble with a decorative leaf design and antique finish. Alternatively if you prefer a modern touch to your garden the Gardman Aura Bird Bath is perfect, designed with the contemporary garden style in mind.
- You can make a shelter for hedgehogs all year round however it is most important during autumn. The Gardman Woven Hedgehog House is ideal! Suitable for summer shelter as well as shelter for hibernation and breeding. When feeding hedgehogs avoid meat or diary left overs as this can attract vermin. Instead, use the Gardman Hedgehog bites carefully blended to provide essential minerals and vitamins.
Try out top 5 tips to attract more wildlife, send in any pictures at email@example.com or tag us on Facebook and Instagram!