This Gardener’s Mate Digging Spade is perfect for digging up ground, breaking up soil and edging garden beds. You might also be interested in this Gardener’s Mate Hand Trowel.
- Made from coated carbon steel to protect from rust
- Handle made from FSC® certified ash wood with a soft rubber handle for extra grip
- Traditional digging spade with a broad, flat-edged blade and D-grip handle
- Double riveted for greater strength
- Tread edge for controlled force and digging comfort
- L 104cm
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Use in large soil areas
- Dig and soil turn for improved drainage
- When digging large areas ensure you maintain a straight back and bend knees to avoid strain
- Use the tread edge to push spade into soil and leverage back with ease
- Avoid muscle strain by depositing the soil close by
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com