Please note this product has been retired from the Gardman range. However, you may still be able to purchase this item online or in store. Should you have any queries or issues with the product please do get in touch. The nearest alternative products are available here.
Gardman’s Black Steel Nyjer Feeder is a durable metal feeder for nyjer seed. With a quick release top and base for easy filling and cleaning.
- FeedSafe uses Biomaster antimicrobial technology preventing the spread of microbes and germs
- Fill with nyjer seed
See our range of black steel feeders
- Standard - H19cm
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Why use the Gardman Black Steel Nyjer Seed Feeder
Gardman Black Steel Nyjer Seed Feeder is an easy to use, durable metal feeder with an antibacterial coating to protect against microbes and germs.
Standard Steel Nyjer Seed Feeder can hold:
- 200g nyjer seed
Why do we protect our FeedSafe birdfeeders with Biomaster Antimicrobial Protection?
Feeding sites for garden birds can promote the transmission of avian diseases, many caused by bacteria. Biomaster reduces the risk of transmission to garden birds visiting the FeedSafe bird feeder, preventing the spread of bacteria on treated surfaces. Biomaster is safe and works 24/7 to helps protect in between cleaning.
How to use the Gardman Black Steel Nyjer Seed Feeder
- Hang on a tree or from a bird dining station for the best results
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email email@example.com