Gardman Nyjer Seed is a highly nutritious seed that is widely known to entice colourful species such as Finches and Siskins to your garden
- An oil rich small seed that are favourites of Goldfinches
- Only for use in Nyjer Seed Feeders
- 1.8kg + 25% Extra Free
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Why Use Gardman Nyjer Seed
- Rich in oil, Gardman Nyjer Seed is loved by a smaller range of birds – feed this in your garden and expect to see a colourful range of birds
What to Expect
Gardman Nyjer Seed will attract the following birds:
- Pine Siskins
- House Sparrow
How to Use Gardman Nyjer Seed
- Only for use in Nyjer Seed Feeders due to the small size of the seed.
- To use in bird feeders, simply tear the bag along the line indicated and pour the seed into a feeder
- To feed on bird tables cut the bag along the line indicated and scatter the seed across the table.
Where to Site Gardman Nyjer Seed
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover to make the feeder visible, whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Not suitable for human consumption
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Would the discarded seed grow below my feeder?
A. Gardman Nyjer Seed is not a “no grow” mix. Given the right conditions the seed could germinate.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email email@example.com