Please note this product has been retired from the range. However, you may still be able to purchase this item online or in store. Should you have any queries or issues with the product please do get in touch.
Please see our Westland Farmyard Manure
Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is a rich organic compost ideal for use all around the garden. Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is perfect for mulching, planting and soil conditioning. Perfect for flowers, fruit & vegetables, as well as roses, trees and shrubs.
- Perfect soil conditioner
- Rich source of organic matter
- Produces higher crop yields and abundant blooms
- Suitable for mulching and planting
- No green waste
- 50 litre
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is a rich organic compost ideal for use all around the garden. Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is perfect for mulching, planting and soil conditioning. Perfect for flowers, fruit & vegetables, as well as roses, trees and shrubs. It breaks down naturally in the soil, releasing nutrients as well as providing a rich, natural source of organic matter and humus. Essential for the development of healthy plants, fruits and vegetables.
Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is rich source of organic matter which is term used when referring to a wide range of materials for feeding plants and improving soil conditions. Organic matter can also improve soil structure and fertility and often prevent plant nutrient deficiencies. Organic matter in soils help bind other soil particles that can be penetrated by roots and hold moisture, they also help bind or buffer nutrients so they are not washed away by rain. Typically organic matter will decay slowly and release nutrients to help feed plants.
How to Use
First put on a pair of gloves and spread the manure in a layer 5-8cm deep across the soil surface.
Veg Plots and Allotments
- Use Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure when preparing vegetable beds in the spring and autumn.
- Add a generous amount to the bottom of the trench when digging. This will help improve soil structure and boost nutrient levels.
Top tip – Once the vegetables have emerged or established feed with a granular feed such as Westland Organic Chicken Manure Pellets.
Planting roses, trees and shrubs
- Dig the planting hole larger than the root ball
- Mix in one part Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure to two parts soil
- Use this mixture to line the planting hole and to fill in around the roots
Top tip – Use a granular plant food such as Westland Rose Food to ensure plants are maintained and fed throughout the growing season.
- Spread an even layer of 5-8cm deep over the soil and fork to a depth of 15-20cm
- On light sandy soils this application will help retain moisture and improve the organic matter content of the soil
- Use as a mulch on herbaceous and shrub borders, by spreading a layer 5-8cm deep between plants. This will help feed, retain moisture and protect plant roots from the effects of frost and heat and will also surpress weed growth.
- When preparing the ground for laying new lawns, or for laying turf, spread a layer of Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure 5-8cm deep across the whole area.
- Dig in the top 15cm into the soil to improve drainage in heavy soils and to retain moisture and provide nutrients for the establishing lawn.
- Store in a frost free place and away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Re-seal bag after use
- Not suitable for use with ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in the dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure may be attractive to some animals. We recommend you dig the manure in well when using
Q. Can I use this for raised beds?
A. Gro-Sure will make a perfect addition to your raised beds as it is a rich source of organic matter. Use in a 60/40 mix of com post and other organic materials such as top soil
Q. Can I use this for houseplants?
A. We would recommend using a compost specifically designed for houseplants such as our Houseplant potting mix
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org