For creating new beds and borders or simply improving existing soil in your garden Westland Top Soil is ideal for a high quality finish. Furthermore, it is perfect for general lawn preparation and repairs such as levelling lawns. Therefore making it the ideal accompaniment for your general garden use.
Westland Top Soil is a specially selected rich clay loam soil with a high humus content retaining nutrients and moisture. It is lime and also chalk free, perfect for adding nutrients and organic structure to enhance beds and borders.
- For general planting & lawn preparation
- Specially selected & graded top soil
- Perfect for re-invigorating garden soil
- Ideal for lawn preparation & levelling
To keep plants and flowers in your border growing strong and healthy throughout the season use the Westland range of straight plant feeds.
- 20 litre
- 30 litre
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Westland Top Soil is a specially selected rich clay loam soil with a high humus content which retains nutrients and moisture, making it ideal for use all around the garden.
This soil has been sieved to remove stones and debris and heat sterilized to kill off weed seeds.
Westland Top Soil has a balanced clay, silt and sand composition with plenty of organic matter providing good structural stability under all weather conditions.
It is lime and chalk free and perfect for adding nutrients and organic structure to enhance beds and borders.
How to use
Creating new beds & borders
- Spread 3 inches of top soil across the existing soil (native) in you border.
- Mix through the top 6-8 inches of native soil and level off.
Raising existing beds & borders
- Apply top soil into the sunken area
- Fork in with existing soil to desired border level
Improving existing soil
- Mix 50:50 with garden soil
- Dig in with existing soils to add nutrients
- Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Re-seal bag after use
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Rework soil between hands before use to reconstitute
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I use this for my houseplants?
A. We would recommend using a ready made compost mix suitable for houseplants such as our Houseplant Potting Mix.
Q. Does this Top Soil contain any fertiliser?
A. No, Top Soil has a high humus content and rich in organic matter however it does not contain nutrients vital for healthy plant growth and establishment.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com