PRODUCT DISCONTINUED: PAGE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Gro-Sure Seed Start’s natual blend of mycorrhizal fungi and friendly bacteria improves germination and establishment of seeds and young plants.
- 25% better establishment
- Boosts root growth
- Locks in nutrients
- Controls moisture
- Contains mycorrhizal fungi and friendly bacteria
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
A plant treated with Seed Start can take up more water and nutrients quicker due to the larger root system. This allows the plant scope for extra growth which in turn improves root growth and benefits the whole plant. Due to the larger root section the plant can draw water from an larger area, this means in times of drought the plant will be more resilient. Bigger roots = healthier, bigger plants = higher yield and abundant blooms
- Water is held around the seed to aid germination
- Mycorrhizal fungi & friendly bacteria enhance root development
- Nutrients are held in the soil and feed the plant during the establishment
Added Wetting Agent
- Seeds must be kept constantly moist to soften the seed shell in order for germination to take place
- Seeds must be moist, NOT wet. Insufficient moisture or erratic watering slows down or stops the germination process. Our added wetting agent locks in moisture around the seed and therefore germination is improved
- Added clinoptiloite, a natural zeolite or volcanic rock dust, contains an array of basic nutrients and its crystalline structure grabs hold of other available nutrients in the soil stopping them being leached away
- These nutrients are available to the root system of the plant while its structure also aerates the soil. Roots need to breathe
- Vermiculite opens up the growing medium so young roots can permeate more easily. Holding a considerable amount of moisture like a sponge it can also act as blanket to help keep seedlings warm and is particularly good for lightly covering sown seedlings
- Fortified with beneficial mycorrhizal fungi which attach to the developing plants’ roots in exchange for some plant sugars. They quickly multiply forming their own extensive root supply, which absorbs nutrients and water to feed back to their host plant.
- The plant’s absorptive root system is increased greatly and the plant is able to grow faster and stronger
Trichoderma and Bacillus
- Our blend of naturally occurring ‘friendly’ soil bacteria’s including trichoderma and bacillus colonise the root system. Because each pack of Seed Start contains millions of friendly bacteria they out-compete harmful soil pathogens within the soil, which cause plant diseases. It does all of this while also releasing locked up nutrients within the soil for the plants roots to uptake
A healthy, strong plant is more resistant to attack by pest, and stresses caused by heat or drought giving your plant a bigger harvest or flowering period
When to Use
Gro-Sure Seed Start can be applied at any time of year
How to Use
Plant / Pot Size
No. of Scoops
|Plug / Bedding plant||1/2|
- Prepare a standard sized seed tray by filling with seed & cutting compost
- Sprinkle 2 level scoops across the surface of the seed tray and lightly work into the surface of the compost
- Sow seeds as per their packet instructions
- Prepare your seedbed to a fine but firm, crumbly texture and remove any stones or weeds
- Use a cane to make a shallow drill and sprinkle Seed Start into the base of the drill, 1 scoop will treat approx. 30cm
- Sow seeds as per their packet instructions
For Young Plants
- Sprinkle evenly into the planting hole. Place roots of the plant in direct contact with the granules
- Small plug/bedding plants use half a scoop, large bedding plants use 1 scoop
For Trees, Shrubs and Roses
- Sprinkle evenly into the planting hole. Place root of the plant in direct contact with the granules
- Store in a safe, dry, frost-free place, away from children, pets and foodstuffs
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use
- If stored correctly the product can be used up to 1 year after opening
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my children & pets go into the treated area?
A. Yes, children and pets can go back into the area straight after application
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Gro-Sure Seed Start is mineral based and doesn’t contain any organic elements so shouldn’t be attractive to animals
Q. What should I do if I put on too much of the product?
A. Remove any visible granules and heavily water the area to dissolve and wash through excess product
Q. Can I use this on my lawn?
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org