- Naturally occurring material
- Improves aeration & drainage for healthy root growth
- Ideal for use when rooting cuttings & potting-on
- View our complete Gro-Sure Propagation range
- 10 litre
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
This naturally occurring volcanic rock has been heated to high temperatures to produce lightweight, micro-porous granules. This is perfect for improving aeration, moisture retention and drainage.
Mixing the micro-porous granules of Gro-Sure Perlite with your compost…
- Stimulates strong, healthy root growth
- Helps increase absorption & water retention
- Improves aeration and drainage
How to Use
For harder cuttings and for fragile plants increase to two parts Perlite and one part Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost. Keep well watered, but ensure pots can freely drain.
We recommend dampening the Perlite before use, to reduce dust. When using the whole bag contents, add up to 1 litre (2 pints) of water in the bag and leave to soak for several minutes before use.
For soft stem and leaf cuttings, use a mixture of equal parts by volume of Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost and Gro-Sure Perlite.
Use a mixture of Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost with 25% Gro-Sure Perlite added. Perlite can be used wholly or in part replacement of sand and/or grit to create a light and very open structure, improving drainage, aeration and insulation.
Before transplanting plants from pots to containers it is recommended to water the plants well and allow to drain. Remove plants from their pots and place into the container, firming compost around the plant roots. Once the container is fully planted, water well and feed as appropriate
- Store in a dry, frost free place away from weedkillers and other garden chemicals
- Wear gloves when handling and wash hands after use
- Reseal bag after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does Perlite contain any chemicals?
A. Perlite is chemical free, it is an inert natural mineral and it will not affect soil pH conditions
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com