Gro-Sure® Tomato Planter is a nutrient-rich compost that promotes strong root growth and sustains healthy plant development.
- Enriched in Potash for improved crop quality
- Feeds for 6 weeks
- Moisture retention formula – requires less watering
- Extra large – more roots, more fruit, vegetables & tomatoes
- Perfect for growing tomatoes, peppers, chillies, peas & beans
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips & advice
Gro-Sure® Tomato Planter is a nutrient-rich compost that promotes strong root growth and sustains healthy plant development. It is enriched with potash for improved crop quality and abundant fruiting. Gro-Sure’s unique moisture retention technology reduces the risk of blossom end rot and actively feeds the tomato plants for 6 weeks
For exceptional results in your garden use Gro-Sure® , compost and feeds to ensure guaranteed results and strong, healthy and abundant plants.
Gro-Sure® has a range of compost and plant food that guarantees gardening success when growing fruit, vegetables or flowers. This unique and innovative system of products has been specifically developed for gardeners of all levels and experience.
Gro-Sure® offers gardeners of all levels professional grade products for guaranteed results. Every product has been specially developed to offer:
- Grower quality germination levels
- Disease and pest resistance
- Ease of sowing
- High yield
- Vigorous and uniform growth
Gro-Sure® Tomato planters have preparation, watering & feeding advice on the sections that are cut out, retain these sections for further instructions ( on reverse) and handy tips forgetting the best results.
How to Use
- Shake the planter to loosen the compost and ensure an even depth. Choose a suitable spot with plenty of light
- Gro-Sure® Tomato Planter is ideal for greenhouses, patios, conservatories and even roof top plantings
- Cut around the dotted lines on the front of the planter to make 3 holes
- Make a hole in the compost sufficient for the root ball of the plant and firm in the compost around the plant
- Water the planter and ensure the compost is moist
- Store in a dry frost free space away from weedkillers and other garden chemicals
- Keep planter sealed until it is required for use
- Keep compost moist. Water every day in hot weather to prevent drying out
- If necessary, cut some holes in the bottom of the planter to avoid water logging
- Use Gro-Sure® Tomato Food when the first flower truss appears and re-feed every 2-3 waterings
- Carefully place a cane (or use string and supports) in the compost to support the plant as it grows
Blossom End Rot
- Symptoms: Black, sunken areas on fruit
- Cause: Calcium deficiency, uneven watering, root damage or excess Nitrogen.
- Advice: Keep the soil consistently moist and use Gro-Sure Tomato food or Big Tom.
Flower Drop before fruit set
- Symptoms: Few flowers form or they drop before setting fruit
- Cause: Temperatures (night time too high/low & daytime, too high) drought stress, too little sun.
- Advice: Usually resolved when temperatures improve.
Cracks in fruit
- Symptoms: Cracked skin on the tomatoes
- Cause: Uneven watering or allowing the grow bag to dry out
- Advice: Follow label advice for regular watering/feeding, in hot conditions provide humidity/mulch areas to help retain moisture
Yellow, distorted, curled leaves
- Symptoms: As above, leaf distortion, yellowing and curling of edges
- Cause: Could be Aphids–check underside of leaves/new growth.
- Advice: For Aphids use a suitable pest control such as Resolva Bug Killer or Resolva Natural Power
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Gro-Sure Tomato Planters does not contain any ingredients that would be attractive to animals.
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. Gro-Sure Tomato Planter can be used with houseplants however you may want to choose a more specific to your requirements—for example our Houseplant potting mix.
Q. Can I use this compost for Fruit & Vegetables?
A. Yes, you will get great results with this compost growing fruit and vegetables due to its enrichment with potash.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org