Jack’s Magic All Purpose Compost blends the finest 100% natural ingredients to create a pure and balanced growing medium, which produces super, natural growth and exceptional health for plants and blooms all over your house and garden.
- Rich peat based compost
- Great for seed sowing & potting on
- Use in beds, borders & containers
- Perfect medium for flowers, fruits & vegetables
- 40 litre
- 60 litre
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips & advice
Jack’s Magic All Purpose Compost is a specially formulated, peat-based compost enriched with organic fertiliser to feed your plants for the first 4-5 weeks of planting. Contains a seaweed extract that improves germination, improves root development and enhances flower, fruit and vegetable quality.
How to Use
Rework the compost between your hands, so it regains its intended structure. Then you’re all set!
- Fill a seed tray with compost and firm gently
- Sow seeds to the depth and spacing mentioned on the seed packet. Many seeds have specific germination advice which should be followed
- Water compost after sowing seeds. Covering the seed tray with polythene or glass will help to stop the compost from drying out
- Keep trays in a warm area, away from direct sunlight until seeds germinate. Once seeds have germinated, remove the polythene/glass and keep soil moist
- Prick out seedlings once large enough to handle. Hold the seedling by the leaves to avoid damage and gently tease the roots from the compost using a dibber or pencil
- Space seedlings to allow for vigorous growth. Water regularly until the seedlings are ready to be potted on
- Before potting, water plants well and allow to drain
- Choose new containers that are clean, have good drainage and enough space for root growth
- Put the plant in the new container and fill the space with new compost
- Water well and allow to drain
- Fill a pot or tray with compost and firm gently
- Prepare the cutting according to the specific needs of the plant
- Generally, removing the bottom leaves and creating a sloping cut in the stem close to the joint will make a good cutting
- Make a hole in the compost with a dibber or pencil, place the cutting in the hole and firm the compost around it
- Place in a warm spot away from direct sunlight
Container and hanging baskets
- Line the basket and fill with compost. Plant with trailing plants around the outside the upright plants in the middle
- Water well
Tips for Better Results
- Re-seal the bag after you’ve used it
- Store in a dry, frost-free place away from weedkillers and other chemicals
- Not suitable for ericaceous (lime-hating) plants
- Wear gloves before handling
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Children and pets need not be excluded from treated areas
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Jack’s Magic does not contain any organic elements so shouldn’t be attractive to animals
Q. Can I use this compost for raised beds?
A. Jack’s Magic will make an excellent addition to your raised beds
Q. Can I use this for houseplants?
A. Yes, Jack’s Magic can be used for houseplants however you may want to use a compost specifically designed houseplants such as our Houseplant potting mix
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on:01480 443789(Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org