Kent & Stowe precision cutting Large Topiary Shears are ideal for gardeners with larger hands or facing larger tasks. They feature smooth carbon steel blades for fast and fine cutting, trimming and also the shaping of topiary. Come with a 5 year guarantee. You might also be interested in these General Purpose Shears.
- Smooth carbon steel blades for fast and fine cutting, trimming and shaping
- Designed for efficient single handed use
- Non-slip handles
- Longer blade shears are suitable for gardeners with larger hands as well as those facing larger tasks
- Cutting diameter: 4mm
- 5 year guarantee
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Create and maintain the perfect topiary with these shears
- For trimming and shaping of Box, Holly and Yew
- To keep these blades in good condition wipe with an oiled cloth after each use and sharpen when necessary
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com