Slow release moisture control for pots, containers and hanging baskets. Great for summer use, when temperatures are hot and households go on holiday.
Westland Water Saving Gel is an advanced water holding system that has the capacity to hold 400 times its own weight in water. Water is absorbed and released as the plant needs it. Reduces water stress in plants and helps to retain flowers and fruit during hot weather and rapid plant growth. One application lasts all season long.
• Measure the number of scoops as directed in the table
• Mix thoroughly with compost using a trowel or by hand and fill the bottom three quarters of the pot/container
• Fill the rest of the container with compost
• Water well twice, a few hours apart, to fully charge the gel
• Make a number of holes in the surface of the compost and fill with the appropriate amount of Water Saving Gel as directed in the table
• Place half a scoop of Water Saving Gel in each hole.
• Water well twice, a few hours apart to fully charge the gel.
|Type of container||Container size||No. of scoops|
|Pots, containers, baskets, house plants||15-25cm (6-10in)||1/2|
|Window boxes||Per 30cm (12in) in length||1|
|Compost||Per litre||1 1/4|
|Vegetable plots or flowerbeds||Per square metre||20|
• Wear gloves when handling
• Store in a cool, dry place away from weedkillers and other garden chemicals
• Store away from children and pets
• May be harmful if swallowed
• Reseal bag after use
• Sweep up spillages which may become slippery while wet
No spam, we promise