- Encourages strong & vibrant foliage
- Improves soil nutrient levels
- Ideal for feeding tomatoes & brassicas
- Contains magnesium
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips & Advice
Use as a granular feed or dissolve in water and apply to foliage. Suitable for feeding a variety of vegetables such as tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage, plus trees, shrubs and flowers.
Epsom Salts has very high magnesium content. This nutrient is vital to the healthy growth and development of all plants. Epsom Salts provides a solution to leaf yellowing caused by lack of magnesium, especially in vulnerable plants such as tomatoes.
When to Use
- Apply every 4-6 weeks during the growing season from March to the end of August
- Granules should be worked into the soil, or dissolved in water
- During dry weather, water thoroughly before and after granules are applied
How to use
One handful of Epsom Salts is about 35g (1¼ oz).
Trees and Shrubs
Apply 20g/sq.m (¾ oz/sq.yd) around the base of established plants. Gently fork into the soil surface without disturbing the roots and water in thoroughly. Alternatively, dissolve 35g (1¼ oz) in 4.5 litres (1 gallon) of water and apply directly to foliage with a fine spray. Do not apply in bright, sunny conditions, or when plants are dry at the roots, to avoid the risk of scorch.
Flowers and Vegetables
Apply 20g/sq.m (¾ oz per sq. yd) on the soil surface and fork in. Take care that the granules do not touch the plant leaves or stems. Water in well after application.
Apply 20g/sq.m (¾ oz/sq.yd) as a top dressing and work well into the soil.
- Do not exceed the appropriate application rate. Increasing the dosage may result in damage to your plants
- Store in a dry, frost free place away from children, pets and foodstuff
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use
- Gloves are recommended when handling this product
- Children and pets can continue to use treated areas immediately after application
- Not suitable for human consumption or for bathing
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my children & pets go into the treated area?
A. Yes, children and pets can go back into the area straight after application
Q. Will animals be attracted to this product?
A. Epsom salts is a mineral fertiliser and doesn’t contain any organic elements so shouldn’t be attractive to animals
Q. What should I do if I put on too much of the product?
A. Remove any visible granules and heavily water the area to dissolve and wash through excess product
Q. Can I use this on my lawn?