Westland Garden Lime makes soils less acidic, enabling plants to take up the nutrients they need for healthy growth as well as development. If soils become too acidic, nutrients get locked away, plants can suffer deficiencies and feeding also becomes less effective. Garden Lime is also a valuable source of calcium.
- Fast nutrient uptake
- Reduces soil acidity
- Healthier, bountiful crops
- Greener foliage & abundant flowering
- Helps break down heavy soils
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
A ready to use granule that breaks down acid soils improving availability of nutrients. It is also a great source of calcium and magnesium encouraging strong leaf growth, fruit quality and disease resistance.
Adjustment of soil conditions to benefit healthy plant growth
When to Use
Can be applied throughout the year, but for best results use in autumn before first frosts. For normal soils, use every third year. Highly acidic soil may need an annual application.
How to Use
One handful of Garden Lime is about 35g (11/4 oz).
- To be used only where there is a recognised need
- Do not exceed the appropriate application rate. Increasing the dosage may result in damage to your plants
- Apply evenly around plants and avoid drift onto foliage or plant stems
- Do not apply around ericaceous (lime-hating) plants and vegetables
- Store in a dry, frost free place away from children, pets and foodstuff
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use. Gloves are recommended when handling this product
- Children and pets can continue to use treated areas immediately after application
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my children & pets go into the treated area?
A. Yes children and pets can go back into the area straight after application
Q. Why is the application rate only 10 grams per square metre?
A. The reason why the rate is low is down to the particle distribution. The size of the particles are very small which means they work quickly and efficiently
Q. What should I do if I put on too much of the product?
A. Heavily water the area to dissolve and wash through excess product
Q. Can I use this on my lawn?
A. This can be used on lawns to improve structure and drainage and the take up of nutrients
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com