Kent & Stowe Telescopic Ratchet Anvil Loppers used for pruning tasks of hard, mature and dead wood. These loppers feature premium ground carbon steel blade with non-stick PTFE coating for rust resistance and a smoother cut.
Loppers are ideal for larger stems or branches that are out of normal reach or too large to cut with secateurs, therefore requiring two hands. Anvil action loppers have one blade that closes onto a cutting block. An anvil cut is more powerful than a bypass cut with minimal effort required. You might also be interested in these Telescopic Geared Anvil Loppers.
- Ratchet loppers allow you to cut gradually through one branch or stem, with minimal effort
- Aluminium oval shape handles for added strength with non-slip comfort grip
- Easy to use telescopic handles with 6 locking positions; adjustable from 690mm to 940mm
- To keep these blades in good condition wipe with an oiled cloth after each use and sharpen when necessary
- Cutting diameter: 45mm
- 5 year guarantee
- Caring for your tools
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Ideal for giving you that extra reach while pruning
- For powerful pruning of hard, mature and dead wood
- Not recommended for green, live wood as this will crush and bruise the stem or branch
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org