The Westland growbag is a versitile planting bag which can be used anywhere from a windowsill to the greenhouse for growing flowers, fruit or vegetables. It is filled with a specially formulated compost which is rich in potash.
The Westland Growbag is suitable for greenhouses, conservatories or patio use, inside or outside in a sheltered and sunny spot. Please remember to choose your growbag position carefully as it is unwise to move once crops are planted.
Tomatoes, Courgettes, Cucumbers, Aubergines, Fruit, Flowers or Herbs
• Heated greenhouse mid March onwards
• Unheated greenhouse mid April onwards
• Outside (not frosty) mid May onwards
• Before use, shake the growbag until the compost has loosened to provide a greater depth for planting.
• Cut along the dotted lines on top of the pack to reveal 3 planting holes.
• Add about 7 litres (1.5 gallons) of water. Place in planting holes and firm compost around each plant.
• Plant in central area of the growbag, firming compost well around the new plant.
• Position canes next to each plant being careful not to damage the plant roots.
• Train main stem up the cane, securing with garden string. When growing tomato plants, remove all side shoots from between the leaf and the main stem.
• When growing tomatoes aid pollination by carefully shaking or spraying the plants on a regular basis.
• Keep moist, never allow to dry out.
• If necessary, cut drainage slits in the side of the bag to prevent it from becoming water logged in wet weather.
• Water frequently in hot weather. When first truss has set, feed with Gro-Sure Tomato Food.
• Store in a frost-free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals.
• Wear gloves when handling. Wash hands after use.
• Rework compost between hands before use to reconstitute.
No spam, we promise