Home Composting Made Easy
Home composting is a vital part of a healthy, sustainable garden. It enables you to recycle large amounts of waste that would otherwise end up as in your regular/brown bin that then end up as landfill. Composting creates a natural supply of rich organic matter that can be used to enrich your garden soil in beds, borders and vegetable patches. Once you get going, it’s surprisingly easy.
How to Compost
- Choose a site for, ideally in a warm sheltered spot
- Use a compost bin or leave open (but this can attract pests)
- To start your compost pile, you’ll need 2 parts brown material and 1 part green materials (as show on the image in this article)
- Sprinkle 200-250g (about 2 trowels) of Garotta Compost Maker over each 30cm layer of new material
- Water the heap if it is dry with approximately one watering can worth of water
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 each time a layer is added. Your compost will be ready to use when dark, brown and crumbly. The time is takes varies from a few weeks, to several months. This is dependent on the weather, air temperature and the materials you use. Don’t be despondent if it’s not happening straight away, patience is a virtue here.
To make up your brown materials, you can use cardboard (no cello tape left on boxes and no shiny cardboard), dead leaves, newspaper, egg cartons and even toilet rolls. To make up the green materials, you can use grass cuttings, vegetable trimmings, tea bags, coffee granules, dead flowers and even weeds.
Why Use Garotta Compost Maker
Garotta Compost Maker makes home composting easy and sustainable. Our new formulation now makes better quality compost quicker than before!
Garotta removes large amounts of waste that would otherwise end up as landfill. Furthermore it creates a natural supply of rich organic matter, useful to enrich your garden soil in beds, borders and vegetable patches.
- Makes better quality compost for use all around the garden
- New formulation with biological accelerator decomposing waste quickly
- With added source of Chitin to build plant immunity
- Easy to use in any compost bin or heap
Tools For The Job:
It is important to turn your compost heap regularly to keep it aerated. Our Kent & Stowe Border Fork is perfect for the job and is guaranteed to last longer.