Garotta Compost Maker makes home composting easy and sustainable. Our new formulation now makes better quality compost quicker than before!
Home composting is a vital part of a healthy, sustainable garden. Garotta removes large amounts of waste that would otherwise end up as landfill. Furthermore it creates a natural supply of rich organic matter, useful to enrich your garden soil in beds, borders and vegetable patches.
- Makes better quality compost for use all around the garden
- New formulation with biological accelerator decomposing waste quickly
- With added source of Chitin to build plant immunity
- Easy to use in any compost bin or heap
Tools For The Job:
It is important to turn your compost heap regularly to keep it aerated. Our Kent & Stowe Border Fork is perfect for the job and is guaranteed to last longer.
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Garotta speeds up the natural process of compost whilst creating better quality compost.
A combination of microbes (both bacteria and fungi) quickly breaks down your garden & vegetable waste.
Gives he microbes a boost of immediately available nutrients. This microbe food speeds up the process of decomposition.
Lime is added to maintain the right pH to keep microbes happy
These help drainage, prevents waterlogging and along with turning he heap, allows more oxygen in the pile for quicker decomposition.
Builds Plant Immunity:
Contains a source of Chitin which provides plant health benefits when using your new compost.
Garotta will help you produce a rich, dark, crumbly compost suitable for enriching garden soils
How to Use
- Choose a site for your compost, ideally in a warm sheltered spot
- Sprinkle 200-250g (about 2 trowels) over each 30cm layer of new material
- Water the heap if the waste is dry or woody with approximately 4.5L (1 watering can)
- Repeat steps 2 to 3 each time a new layer is added. Your compost will be ready to use when dark, brown and crumbly. The time this takes varies from a few weeks to several months, dependent on air temperature and the materials you use.
If your heap is too wet the chances are it has too much water or nitrogen. Turn the pile regularly to aerate & keep the temperature under control. Add some brown materials like shredded cardboard, newspaper or small twigs to balance it out.
The opposite is happeneing and you may have too much brown material. Add a layer of green together with a splash of water and a sprinkle of Garotta.
A Bit Smelly?
It’s best not to add fresh food waste to the pile like meat, fish or diary. Not only do they make the pile smell bad, but it can also invite unwanted pests to your garden.
If the process is too slow you may find that your brown material is too large. Make sure you shred the sticks and tear the cardboard into smaller pieces to increase the available surface area for the microbes to get to work on.
Tips on Use
- We recommend the use of gloves when using this product
- Wash hands after use and avoid contact with skin
- Store in a cool dry place away from children, pets and foodstuffs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does Garotta kill off the worms in my compost heap?
A. No, Garotta is not known to harm worms or other beneficial insects
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org