Our New Horizon Tomato Planter has a naturally peat-free formulation that gives your tomatoes triple the goodness. The planter has the perfect blend of Biofibre as well as West+ and Coir+ for the best yield of tomatoes. The planter is the ideal size for two tomato plants. Additionally, our new and improved bag ensures easier watering and deeper roots. The planter is also ideal for growing chillies, peppers, and cucumbers too!
Here’s our quick guide on how to use this planter and get growing…
How to use New Horizon Tomato Planter
- Roll the bag and shake to open up the compost. Pierce drainage holes in the bottom of the bag.
- Cut the bag length-ways when in position.
- Make holes in the compost and place plants. Push canes into place.
- Water when dry. Feed every three days after the first green fruits appear.
- Our New Horizon Tomato Planter can be used all year round, from January to December.
- Use in a well-ventilated place to avoid breathing in dust.
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use.
- Pierce holes in the bottom of the planter before cutting the top edge and planting out to avoid water logging.
- Keep compost moist. Water every day in hot weather to prevent drying out. This also helps to prevent Blossom End rot.
- Use Big Tom Super Tomato Food when the first green fruit appears and re-feed every 3-4 days
- Carefully place a cane (or use string and supports) in the compost to support the plant as it grows.
- Store in a dry frost-free space away from weedkillers and other garden chemicals.
- Keep planter sealed until it is required for use.