Jack’s Magic All Purpose Compost is perfect for seed sowing, potting, planting and containers. Blended with the finest 100% natural ingredients to create a pure and balanced growing medium, which produces super natural growth and exceptional health for plants to bloom all around your home and garden.
Where to start with Jack’s Magic:
Rework the compost between your hands, so it regains its intended texture. Then you’re all set.
- Fill a seed tray with compost and firm gently.
- Sow seeds to the depth and spacing mentioned on the packet. Many seeds have specific germination needs which should be carefully followed.
- Water compost after sowing seeds. Covering the tray with glass or polythene will help prevent drying out.
- Keep trays in a warm area away from direct sunlight until germination occurs.
- Once seeds have germinated, remove glass / polythene and keep compost moist until seedlings are ready for pricking out.
Seedlings/ Pricking out:
- Prick out seedlings once large enough to handle.
- Hold seedling by the leaves to avoid damage and gently tease the roots from the compost, using a dibber or pencil.
- Space seedlings to allow for vigorous growth.
- Water regularly until the seeds are ready to be potted on.
- Before potting water plants well and allow to drain.
- Choose new containers that are clean, have good drainage and enough space to allow strong root growth.
- Put plant in new container and fill space in pot with new compost, firming gently.
- Water well after repotting.
- Fill a pot or tray with compost and firm gently.
- Prepare the cutting according to the specific needs of the plant. Generally, removing all bottom leaves and making a sloping cut in the stem close to a joint will create a good cutting.
- Make a hole in the compost with a dibber or pencil then place the cutting into the hole and gently firm around.
- Placing in a warm spot away from direct sunlight until cuttings have rooted will give best results.
Container & Basket Planting:
Lining your containers and baskets can help with water retention as well as draining water at a consistent pace for longer lasting plant life.
Choosing the right plants will ensure you get the best out of your blooms. Plant with trailing plants around the outside and upright plants in the middle. Make sure you water well.
- Reseal the bag after you’ve used it
- Store in a dry frost free place away from weedkillers and other garden chemicals
- Not suitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants