A heavy duty polished cast aluminium feeder for all types of seed mix, sunflower seed and peanut bites
- Fully assembles for easy cleaning
- Fill with seed mix, peanut bites or sunflower seed
- Standard - H23cm
- Large - H33cm
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Why Use the Gardman Heavy Duty Seed Feeder
Gardman Heavy Duty Seed Feeder is a heavy duty feeder that fully disassembles for easy cleaning , a best selling product.
Standard Heavy Duty Seed Feeder can hold the following quantities:
- 420g seed mix
- 405g peanut bites
- 300g sunflower seed
Large Heavy Duty Steel Seed Feeder can hold the following quantities:
- 600g seed mix
- 580g peanut bites
- 430g sunflower seed
How to Use the Gardman Heavy Duty Seed Feeder
- Hang on a tree or from a bird dining station for the best results
Where to Site
- Place your feeder 2 metres from cover, such as trees and dense bushes, to make it visible whilst providing a safe place to retreat
- Put food out at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they’ve lost overnight
- With food resources scarcer now, it is essential to feed garden birds all year round
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue this, and develop a routine, as the birds will become reliant upon your help
- Always ensure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org