Gardman No Mess Sunflower Hearts are a high energy and no husks bird food that attracts the widest range of species.
- Oil rich, high energy sunflower hearts
- No Mess – No Husks – No Waste
- Suitable for use in sunflower heart feeders, on birds tables and ground feeding
- 2kg + 25% Extra Free
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
- Gardman No Mess Sunflower contain no sunflower husks or waste
What to Expect
Gardman No Mess Sunflower Hearts will attract the following birds:
- Blue Tit
- Coal Tit
- Great Tit
- House Sparrow
- Long Tailed Tit
- Song Thrush
How to Use
- Simply open the pouch and pour the Sunflower Hearts into a feeder, tray or ground feeder or scatter across a bird table
Where to Feed
- Site your feeder 2 metres from cover, such as trees or shrubs, making the feeder visible
- This provides a safe place for the birds to retreat
- It is a good idea to put out food at the start of the day to ensure that birds can replace the energy they have lost overnight.
- With food resources becoming more scarce, it is essential to feed birds all year round
- Once you have started to feed the birds it is important to continue and develop a routine
- The birds will become reliant upon your help.
- Always ensure birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
- Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with a mild disinfectant
- Keep food fresh and dry, removing any wet food to prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases
- Not suitable for human consumption
- Contains nuts
- Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
- Store in a cool dry place
- Best used within 3 months of opening
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are the birds not visiting my feeders?
A. It is not uncommon for birds to take some time to visit new feeders or food that is offered. It can be down to the species in your area and other food resources that are available. Make sure you are providing some cover for the birds and make available some fresh drinking water.
Q. Why are the birds discarding some seeds?
A. Wild birds are selective over what they eat and when. It is not that they do not like it but they might have another source or they don’t need it right now. Never remove or stop feeding these seeds as shortages can happen at any time.
Q. Would the discarded seed grow below my feeder?
A. Gardman No Mess Sunflower Hearts is not a “no grow” mix. Given the right conditions the seed could germinate.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org