Formed from ceramic clay pebbles, Westland Hydroleca granules have a smooth, dense outer skin and honeycomb interior. They absorb water and release it slowly making them ideal for use as a decorative pot topper, in pots for crocking and lining greenhouse benches.
- Decorative pot topper for indoor and outdoor use
- Granules absorb water and slowly release it
- Protects from over-watering and creates a beneficial micro-climate
- Ideal for crocking and improving humidity
- 10 Litres
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Westland Hydroleca Clay Granules are ideal for use as decorative pot topping, crocking and improving humidity. They have good insulating properties due to their cellular nature.
Hydroleca does not compact and is unaffected by frost which allows it to be used outdoors as well as indoors where the pebbles’ light weight is beneficial in roof garden plantings.
When to Use
- Hydroleca can be used anytime throughout the year, both indoors and outdoors
How to Use
- Sprinkle a layer of Hydroleca onto the compost surface of pots, containers, window boxes and tubs
- It can be used both in and outdoors
- Place the plant pot on a layer of Hydroleca which will absorb water and release it slowly to prevent root damage caused by the pot standing in water
- The humid micro-climate created around the plant is especially beneficial in centrally heated homes
Crocking & Potting Up
- For crocking, put a handful of Hydroleca in the bottom of pots and containers as crocks before filling with compost. This will provide good water retention and aeration, improving plant root growth and overall plant health.
- For lightweight pots and containers add Hydroleca to potting compost in a ratio of one part Hydroleca to three parts compost to grow a wide range of plants, including small trees and shrubs.
- Fill a tray with a 2cm layer of Hydroleca and place plant pots on top
- Keep the Hydroleca moist so that it gradually releases moisture to the plants placed on its surface and improves greenhouse humidity
Balconies and Roof Gardens
- Add Hydroleca to potting compost in a ratio of one part Hydroleca to three parts compost for lighter weight containers to grow a wide range of plants, including small trees and shrubs
- Hydroleca can also be used as the drainage layer in a green roof planting of drought-tolerant plants such as sedums
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com