PRODUCT DISCONTINUED: PAGE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Gro-Sure Smart Ground Cover is ideal for use in, beds, borders, planters, containers and pots. Smart because it’s made with clever natural wood fibres that lock together to stay in place.
- All natural weed prevention
- Keeps soil moist in summer
- Protects plant roots in winter
- A make-over for garden borders
- 50% better coverage than bark
- 100 litre
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
- Made from FSC certified Irish Spruce
- Weighs less than bark and gord further
- Fibres interlock on soil surface so they don’t blow away
- Forms a barrier to stop annual weeds germinating in the soil
- Allows bulbs to grow through
Gro-Sure Smart Ground Cover is better than bark…
- It prevents weeds
- 75% more effective at weed prevention than bark
- It goes much further
- 50% more coverage than bark
- It gives neat and tidy borders
- Fibres lock together to stay in place, even on slopes!
How to Use
|Location/Depth||1 x bag covers|
|Beds & Borders – 3cm depth||5 sqm|
|Plants / containers / pots* – 3cm||39 pots*|
|*Based on a 40cm circular pot|
Clear away weeds thoroughly and completely before putting Smart Ground Cover down, including removing the roots of any perennial weeds. Water plants and soil before applying, to ensure the soil is moist. We recommend wearing gloves when handling.
Spread a layer of Smart Ground Cover 3 cm deep over the soil surface. Ensure the soil is evenly and completely covered.
When spreading, break up any clumps and fluff-up the mulch up to incorporate air. Suitable for use on beds and borders,
or containers. After spreading, water over the surface of the mulch. This locks the fibres together.
Should any weeds appear, remove as soon as possible to prevent them spreading. Smart Ground Cover Mulch will stay effective for years after application, but may need occasional replenishment to maintain a thick enough layer on top of the soil surface.
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use
- Do not apply when the ground is frozen
- Smart Ground Cover is great for use with garden bulbs
- Bulbs will grow up through the mulch and flower normally
- Smart Ground Cover is safe to use with ericaceous / lime hating / acid loving plants
- Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my children & pets go into the treated area?
A. Yes, children and pets can go back into the area straight after application
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Gro-Sure Smart Ground Cover doesn’t contain any organic elements so shouldn’t be attractive to animals
Q. Can Smart Ground Cover be dug into the soil?
A. Yes, Smart Ground Cover is an organic material and can be dug into the soil
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org