Lawn spreader settings
Use the following table to apply Westland Lawn Care Products with a lawn spreader. This guide will tell you which settings to use to apply at the correct rate.
|Safe Lawn||Aftercut Range: All in One, Lawn Thickener and 3 Day Green||Westland Lawn Feed, Weed & Moss Killer||Westland Autumn Lawn Feed & Moss Killer||Westland Lawn Sand||Westland Lawn Sand2|
|Application Rate||35g/sq.m||35g/sq.m||35g/sq.m||35g/sq.m||112-135 g/sq.m||80g/sq.m|
|Westland Lawn Spreader||4||4||4||4||3||3|
|Westland Professional Lawn Spreader||13||13||13||10|
|J.A Bowers Total Lawncare||3.25||3.25||3.25||3.25|
J.A Bowers Tenda
|J.A Bowers Lawn Spreader||3.25||3.25||3.25||3.0|
|Scotts EasyGreen Rotary**||26||26||27||30 x 2*|
|Scotts Evergreen Easy Spreader+||5||3.5 x 2*||3.5 x 2*||3.5 x 2*||4|
|Gardena 18" Blue
|Westland Hand Spreader
||See Table Below|
* x2 means 2 application at 90 degrees to each other forming a crosshatch pattern
** We do not recommend rotary spreader for pesticide products
Lawn Master / Moss Master Spreader Settings
|Lawn Master/Moss Master||Lawn Master/Moss Master|
|Westland Lawn Spreader||3 x 2*||4|
|Scotts Evergreen Easy Spreader+||4||4 x 2*|
Westland Hand Spreader:
Please refer to product pack for application dates. Do not exceed the stated application rate. Overdosing can damage your lawn.
Measure area to treat and weigh out correct amount of product. Set aperture to 0 and fill on a level surface – not on a lawn or cultivated area. Select appropriate setting on spreader and evenly spread over whole measured area. Continuously turn handle and walk at a normal pace. Application rate can vary depending on walking speed and handle turning speed. To increase application overlap more frequently.
Not suitable for fertilisers containing pesticides.
- All settings are for guidance only. Variations in product density and granule size can affect flow rate. Wear and tear can affect the performance of the individual spreader
- Avoid over-dosing at all times. It is recommended that a lower setting is first tried to avoid the risk of over-dosing.
- Always complete calibration check before first use and before use each season.
- Always ensure the spreader is cleaned thoroughly after use to avoid deterioration of the spreading mechanism.
- g/sq.m = grams per square metre
How to work out spreader settings (Calibrate)
Work out the area in m2 that you want to cover. Weigh out a known amount of product recommended to treat that area and put it into the spreader hopper. In order to avoid any accidental damage to your lawn, first use the spreader to cover one square metre on a large sheet of plastic. Collect the product with a dustpan and brush and weigh it (making sure you use an old container as ferrous sulphate can cause staining).
- Repeat as necessary until you get the application rate given on the lawn product packet.
- If you are over dosing, then turn down the spreader setting as soon as you suspect this is happening - don't wait until you have over dosed the whole lawn.