Gro-Sure Smart Seed Fast Start is a blend of quick growing, hard wearing lawn seed varieties that is ideal for over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches. The seeds are treated with Aqua Gel technology for improved germination. Aqua Gel can absorb 400 x its weight in water, and slowly releases it back to the seeds, when the seeds require it to germinate. Gro-Sure Smart Lawn Seed Fast Start Aqua Gel technology is also an excellent bird deterrent.
- Guaranteed to grow due to Aqua Gel technology*
- Germination success in colder temperatures
- For a strong, healthy lawn in hot and dry conditions
- For lush green grass in shady conditions
- Quickly repairs patches on your lawn
*when used in accordance with the pack instructions
- 25m2 box
- 40m2 box
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Gro-Sure Smart Seed Fast Start is a blend of quick growing, hard wearing lawn seed varieties that is ideal for over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches.
The fast acting lawn seed germinates in colder temperatures allowing you to extend the sowing season.
Seeds are treated with Aqua Gel technology for improved germination. Aqua Gel can absorb 400 x its weight in water, and slowly releases it back to the seeds, when the seeds require it to germinate. Aqua Gel is also an excellent bird deterrent and contains plant hormones to stimulate growth.
*This seed is guaranteed to grow when the pack instructions are followed
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 2 weeks, however if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer.
When to Use
Sow when the soil temperature is between 7°C-18°C. If soil temperature is 6°C or less seed may not germinate or delay it’s growth until temperature increases.
How to Use
Best Conditions: Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10°—18°C. Fast Start begins to germinate at 7° C. If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted
Clear away any debris and remove weeds before sowing
Tip: In dry conditions, water the soil thoroughly the day before.
1. Shake the box to mix up the seeds.
2. Using the built-in side applicator, apply the seed at the following rate:
- New Lawn (or Patch Repair): 40g/m2
- Revitalising Existing Lawn: 30g/m2
3. Lightly rake to incorporate the seed into the soil surface
4. Walk over or roll the sown area to press the seed into the soil
Water the area thoroughly using a fine-rose watering can or sprinkler, taking care not to wash the seeds away.
In dry conditions, water daily to maintain soil moisture levels until seed germinates.
1. First cut at 5-8cm (2-3”) high
2. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm (1 inch). Do not remove more than 1/3 of the grass leaf at any one time
- Children and pets need not be excluded from the treated areas
- Store in a cool, frost-free place away from children, pets and foodstuffs
- Use contents within season of purchase
- Contents may settle in transit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I cover the seed?
A. The seed should be sown onto and lightly raked in to the soil surface and no deeper than 1-2cm. A germination sheet (or fleece) can be used to speed up the germination stage but should still be removed upon emergence.
Q. When can I use a Weed Feed & Moss Killer?
A. Your lawn must be older than a year before using this type of product.
Q. Why is this different to Gro-Sure Smart Seed?
A. The blend of seed and the species used are specifically selected for the characteristic of germinating at lower temperatures. This enables a quicker start and better establishment of the seed.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org