A blend of quality, hard wearing varieties ideal for starting a new lawn, over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches.
- Ideal for new lawns and overseeding
- Vigorous varieties that establish strong root networks
- Maintains colour all season long
- Seed treatment to help deter birds from feeding.
- 5m2 box
- 10m2 box
- 10m2 + 50% Extra Free
- 50m2 box
- 120m2 bag
- 375m2 bag
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips & advice
Gro-Sure® Lawn Seed is coated to significantly improve germination and for quicker establishment
- High quality varieties of non-forage grass seed
- Full germination and purity tested before packing
- Creates a high quality lawn suitable for every day use
What to Expect
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen within 2 weeks, however if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer.
When to Use
Lawn seed may be sown from March to October. Ideally sow during March to May or September to October.
Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10—18°C. If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted.
Where to Use
Existing lawns – to over-seed
Bare soil – to establish new lawns
Patches -for repairs
How to Use
Clear away any debris and remove/kill weeds before sowing.
|New Lawn (or Patch Repair)||Revitalising Existing Lawn|
Tip: In dry conditions, water the soil thoroughly the day before sowing.
- Shake the box to mix up the seeds
- Lightly rake to incorporate the seed into the soil
- Walk over or roll the sown area to press the seed into the soil
- Water the area thoroughly using a fine-rose watering can or sprinkler, taking care not to wash the seeds away.
- In dry conditions, water daily to maintain soil moisture levels until seed germinates and establishes.
- Keep new lawns well watered especially in dry conditions.
- Do not use weed killers or strong fertilisers on new lawns and always read the product label before use.
Recommended Lawn Feeds
- 4-5 days before sowing a new lawn, lightly rake Westland Growmore into the soil
- When preparing to sow, if the soil is dry water it thoroughly the day before and leave to soak in overnight
- The top of the soil should be dry with moist soil just below the surface on the day of sowing
- Store in a cool, dry place and use within the season of purchase
Store in a cool, dry place and use within the season of purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I cover the seed?
A. The seed should be sown onto and lightly raked in to the soil surface and no deeper than 1-2cm. A germination sheet (or fleece) can be used to speed up the germination stage but should still be removed upon emergence
Q. When can I use a Weed Feed & Moss Killer?
A. Your lawn must be older than a year before using this type of product
Q. Does this contain annual ryegrass?
A. No we only use perennial ryegrass suitable for turf, as this is much slower growing and finer bladed than annual ryegrass. Ideal for lawns
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email email@example.com