Gro-Sure Smart Lawn Seed – the lawn seed that is guaranteed to grow*. Its unique blend of ingredients grows in a range of challenging conditions. It reduces seed losses due to erratic watering and the Aqua Gel soaks up to 400 times its weight in water. It is ideal for over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches too. Gro-Sure Smart Lawn Seed keeps working all year round.
- For a strong, healthy lawn in hot and dry conditions
- For lush green grass in shady conditions
- Worn areas and bare patches
- Guaranteed to grow due to Aqua Gel technology*
*when used in accordance with the pack instructions
- 25m2 box
- 40m2 box
- 80m2 bag
- 250m2 bag
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Gro-Sure Smart Seed is a blend of unique hard wearing lawn seed varieties that is ideal for over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches,
Seeds are treated with Aqua Gel technology for improved germination. Aqua Gel can absorb 400 x its weight in water, and slowly releases it back to the seeds, when the seeds require it to germinate. Aqua Gel is also an excellent bird deterrent and contains plant hormones to stimulate growth.
What to Expect
Gro-sure Smart Lawn Seed is guaranteed to grow in any condition. You will see a strong and healthy lawn in hot and dry conditions, lush green grass in shady areas and it will bring lawns back to life in worn areas and bare patches.
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 2 weeks, however if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer.
Gro-Sure Smart Seed Competitor
When to Use
Lawn seed may be sown from March to October. However, for best results, sow lawn seed in the spring from March to May, and in the early autumn from mid September through to mid October.
How to Use
Best Conditions: Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10°—18°C. If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted
Clear away any debris and remove weeds before sowing
Tip: In dry conditions, water the soil thoroughly the day before.
1. Shake the box to mix up the seeds.
2. Using the built-in side applicator, apply the seed at the following rate:
- New Lawn (or Patch Repair): 40g/m2
- Revitalising Existing Lawn: 30g/m2
3. Lightly rake to incorporate the seed into the soil surface
4. Walk over or roll the sown area to press the seed into the soil
Water the area thoroughly using a fine-rose watering can or sprinkler, taking care not to wash the seeds away.
In dry conditions, water daily to maintain soil moisture levels until seed germinates.
1. First cut at 5-8cm (2-3”) high
2. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm (1 inch). Do not remove more than 1/3 of the grass leaf at any one time
- Keep new lawns well watered especially in dry conditions
- Do not use weed killers or strong fertilisers on new lawns and always read the product label before use
- Children and pets need not be excluded from the treated areas
- Store in a cool, frost-free place away from children, pets and foodstuffs
- Use contents within season of purchase
- Contents may settle in transit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I cover the seed?
A. The seed should be sown and lightly raked in to the soil surface and no deeper than 1-2cm. A germination sheet can be used to speed up the germination stage but should still be removed upon emergence.
Q. When can I use a Weed Feed & Moss Killer?
A. Your lawn must be older than a year before using products like these.
Q. Is it okay to store unused seed for next year?
A. It is always best to use seed in the season of purchase. Seed that has been stored in the box for a long time will have less vigour and will not germinate as well.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org