- For strong healthy plants
- Specialist blend
- Added grit & sand for optimum drainage
- Contains water-retaining Seramis
- 4 litre
- Product Details
- how to use
- tips & advice
- This free draining potting mix encourages optimum root development vital to the successful cultivation of all cacti and succulents
- Contains unique Seramis granules for optimum water and nutrient availability
- Contains grit and sand for optimum drainage and good root development
When to Use
- April to Sept
How to Use
- Water plant well and allow to drain
- Choose a pot around 3-5cm larger than the old one with drainage holes
- Place a layer of potting mix in the bottom of the new pot and carefully remove the plant from its pot
- Holding it upright and in the middle of the pot,carefully fill with potting mix around the sides until the pot is full
- Tap the pot to settle the mix. Water well
- Fill seed tray with potting mix. Water thoroughly using a fine rose
- then allow to drain for several hours. Succulent seeds are very
- small so just press them into the moist potting mix.
- Cover the tray with glass or a clear polythene bag to retain
- moisture, keep in a warm place but out of direct sunlight.
- Pot on seedlings when large enough to handle
Potting and Re-Potting
- Fill the pot or seed tray with potting mix and level off.
- Prick off seedlings into holes
- Gently firm the potting mix, add a little more if necessary and water in
- Rooted cuttings should be potted on into individual pots or containers, taking care with fragile roots.
- For larger cuttings half fill a pot, place the plant in position and fill around the roots with potting mix
- Gently firm mix and water well.
- best advised during the growing season.
- Water the plant and allow to drain before removing carefully from the pot using folded paper to protect your hands against spikes
- Put a layer of potting mix in the new pot and sit the plant on it
- Fill the rest of the pot with potting mix, firming lightly around the root ball
- Do not water for a few days to prevent rotting of damaged roots
- Westland Cacti and Succulent Potting Mix will supply your plant with all the nutrients they need for strong, healthy growth during
- the first 4–6 weeks
- After that, feed them at two-three week intervals during the growing season with Westland Cacti and Succulent Feed
- Westland Cacti and Succulent Potting Mix will supply your plants with all the nutrients they need for strong, healthy growth during the first 4–6 weeks
- After that, feed them at two-three week intervals during the growing season with Westland Cacti and Succulent Feed.
Tips for Better Results
- Keep cacti and succulents in light, airy conditions in temperatures above 5°C (40°F)
- Place in south facing positions for maximum sunlight
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Not suitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Store in a dry, frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I use this for other plants?
A. Yes this can be used to grow other plants, but as it is designed for cacti and succulents it is free draining and may not be suitable for all other plants.
Q. Will this be attractive for my pets?
A. This will not be attractive to most pets as it does not contain any organic fertiliser elements
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org