Westland Nutrient Rich Garden Soil is a specially-blended rich clay loam, with natural organic nutrients that slowly release to support strong, healthy growth. Perfect for planting, lawn repairs and preparation and general garden use.
- Rich clay loam with high nutrient content
- Enriched with slow release organic matter
- Promotes rooting and establishment
- Helps retain moisture
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Westland Nutrient Rich Garden Soil is a specially selected rich clay loam soil with a high humus content which retains nutrients and moisture, making it ideal for use all around the garden. This soil has been sieved to remove stones and debris, is free from weed seeds and blended with slow release organic nutrients to produce a high performance top soil.
How to Use
- Help improve poor soil in your garden by mixing 50:50 with Nutrient Rich Garden Soil and digging it in. This will increase the soils’ nutrient content, improve soil structure and add humus helping to rejuvenate the soil.
Creating New Beds
- When creating a new bed in your garden you may find yourself short of soil. Use Westland Nutrient Rich Garden Soil to increase the volume, depth and nutrient level of soil for your new bed, giving your plants and trees the perfect start for quick establishment.
Building Up Beds and Borders
- Garden Soil can be used to rejuvenate beds which have depleted over the years. Place a 7-10 cm layer on beds and borders prior to planting or in thinner layers around existing plants. The fresh soil provides a rich supply of organic matter, acting as a fresh source of nutrition for new and established plants.
Making Compost Mixes
- Garden Soil can be mixed with Westland composts to provide individual blends of soils and composts to meet your specific requirements. Use with potting composts to improve the nutrient and water holding capacity. It also adds weight to the compost mixture where stability in pots is important.
Lawn Preparation and Levelling
- Westland Nutrient Rich Garden Soil is ideal for preparing new lawns and for levelling and revitalising existing lawns.
- Lawn preparation: use Westland Nutrient Rich Garden Soil to cover the top 3-4 cm of the lawn area and level using the straight edge of a wooden baton and spirit level.
- Top Tip: for the best result cover the finished area with a thin layer of Westland Gro-Sure® Lawn Seeding Soil (1-2 cm) and sow lawn seed into this layer to guarantee germination and establishment of the lawn.
- Levelling Lawns: to fill in and level depressions in the lawn, cut a cross shape in the turf and peel back from the hollow. Fill the hollows to the required level with Westland Nutrient Rich Garden Soil and cover with the turf again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I use this for my houseplants?
A. We would recommend using a ready-made compost mix suitable for houseplants such as Westland Houseplant Potting Mix. However, it can be used within a compost mix made to your own requirements.
Q. Does this Garden Soil contain any fertiliser?
A. No, Nutrient Rich Top Soil has a high humus content and is rich in essential nutrients vital for healthy plant growth and establishment.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com