John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of sterilised loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients.
- Nurtures & sustains growth
- Feeds for five weeks
- Rich in nutrients for hungry plants
- Encourages new growth
- Sizes 10L, 30L
- Product Details
Westland John Innes No. 3 Mature Plant Compost. a loam based compost which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is a richer compost for re-potting or planting out mature plants. It is suitable for heavy feeding vegetables and flowering plants in hanging baskets, large troughs, planters and containers.
• Keep compost moist NEVER allow to dry out
• Water carefully using a watering can fitted with a fine rose.
• Do not overfeed.
Handy Gardening Tips
• Store in a frost free place away from weedkillers and other garden chemicals.
• Re-seal bag after use.
• Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust.
• Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use.
How to use
First, put on a pair of gloves and rework compost between your hands, so it regains its intended texture. Then you’re all set.
• Only re-pot during the growing season of the plant.
• Water plant well and allow to drain before re-potting. Check new container has holes to allow adequate drainage.
• Partly fill the new container with compost allowing room fo rthe root ball.
• Carefully loosen the roots to allow the roots to strike into the new compost.
• Surround the root ball with fresh compost and gently firm in around the edges.
• Water the plant well.
• John Innes No. 3 Mature Plant Compost contains sufficientnutrients to last appoximately 5 weeks. After this period feed the plant regularly during the growing season.