- Added Seramis granules for optimum water and nutrient availability
- Added pine bark for airflow and drainage resulting in healthier root development
- Allows air flow and retains moisture for longer lasting and also more beautiful orchids
- Perfect for all your orchids such as Cymbidium, Dendrobium, Miltonia, Vanda types
- Use with our Orchid Feed, Orchid Water and Orchid Mist for even better results
View our advice articles and our full indoor product range here
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
When to Use
How to Use
Don’t forget to pot top! Adding Hydroleca as a pot topper will provide a decorative appearance, help to minimise over watering and discourage attraction of pests.
- During the growing and flowering season, feed your plants with Westland Orchid Feed
- Feed every second watering in the active growing season (spring/summer) and every fourth watering in the winter
- Orchid roots will rot easily if they are kept in wet conditions. It is therefore essential to water sparingly, ideally once a week.
- Westland Orchid Water is a great option to feed and water orchid plants. Just 2 capfuls a week will help keep orchid plants healthy and flowering for longer
- Orchids prefer high air humidity. Applying Westland Orchid Mist spray 1-2 times a week to the aerial roots and foliage will help replicate the plants natural growing environment
Tips for Better Results
- Orchids need bright but filtered light so it’s best to avoid placing them in direct sunlight
- Different species of orchid require different temperatures, so choose a suitable room in the house depending on the type of orchid you are growing
- Most orchids require a rest period during winter when watering and feeding should be reduced
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Not suitable for Ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Store in a dry, frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I use this for my other houseplants?
A. We would recommend using a specific houseplant compost as other plants may not benefit from the free draining, open structure.
Q. When should I re-pot my orchids?
A. We would recommend checking the re-potting advice for type of orchid you have. Most will benefit from re-potting when the media has broken down or they have outgrown the pot, this is best done after flowering has stopped.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org