NOW PEAT FREE
Our Tree & Shrub Planting & Potting Mix has been specially blended to support plant health with a new peat free blend, strengthening trees and shrubs from the inside out. With 6 month slow release feed and added zinc complex, this blend ensures your best ever trees and shrubs.
Zinc complex is important in the production of plant growth hormone auxin. Improving transport of water and nutrients around plant. Promoting root and shoot growth for stronger, healthier plants. Encouraging photosynthesis for plant energy production.
- 6 month slow release feed for sustained growth
- Promotes rooting for fast establishment
- Reduces transplanting stress
- Added Zinc complex helps build plant resilience
When your trees & shrubs are growing it is important to keep providing nutrients, view our Westland Buxus Feed & Protect.
- 50 litres
- Product details
- How to use
- Tips and advice
Westland Tree and Shrub Planting & Potting Mix has been specially developed to give gardeners the ideal medium for planting trees and shrubs. Containing 6 months feed with added biochar and zinc complex, this high performance compost offers unrivalled results in plant health, root establishment and moisture retention, helping to build the plants’ immunity against pests and diseases.
How to use
- Thoroughly water the plant, gently tap the pot to remove plant, shake off loose compost.
- Half fill pot with new compost, place plant in pot, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water
Beds & Borders
- Dig a hole approx. twice the depth and diameter of root ball.
- Place plant in hole with new compost, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water well.
When to use
Can be used throughout the year when planting trees or shrubs into beds or borders, or when potting on.
- Unsuitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Prune trees and shrubs regularly to remove old or dead wood
- Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Westland Tree and Shrub Planting & Potting Mix doesn’t contain organic elements so it should not be attractive to animals.
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. Westland Tree and Shrub Planting & Potting Mix is not suitable for houseplants. We suggest that you choose a more specific compost for your requirements, for example, our Houseplant Potting Mix.
Q. Can I use this compost for Fruit & Vegetables?
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email email@example.com