It really pays to have a season-by-season approach to feeding. For example, in spring and summer quick-fix liquid feeds work really well. They get straight to the plants’ roots to be taken up and instantly be made use of.
In early spring, add a base fertiliser when preparing your beds for planting. For organic gardeners, Chicken Manure Pellets are a great way to enrich and condition soils and feed plants.
Why use Organic Chicken Manure Pellets?
The pellets are an ideal way to enrich and condition soils that can be used all around the garden for planting and feeding established plants.
How & When to use Organic Chicken Manure Pellets?
- One handful of organic Chicken Manure Pellets is approx. 35 grams.
- You can apply organic Chicken Manure Pellets in early spring as a base fertiliser to prepare beds for planting. Then reapply every 3-4 weeks during the growing season for stronger plants and better yields.
- Use again in autumn when preparing winter beds.
- Use higher rates for sandy/starved soils and strong/vigorous plants. Use lower rates for rich/heavy soils and small/sensitive plants.
- Simply sprinkle it onto the surface of the soil below the plant and lightly fork it in. It is also worth mulching over the soil surface with garden compost or well-rotted manure – this helps to feed plants and will help to retain water through the summer. Avoid mulching right up the the stems of the plants and leave a small gap. Bark mulches, while weed-suppressing, offer little in terms of fertility to plants.
Use Chicken Manure Pellets all around the garden on fruit, root vegetables, flowers, trees and shrubs.