PRODUCT DISCONTINUED: PAGE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
A blend of grass seed specially selected for it’s hard wearing & excellent wear tolerance ideal for starting a new lawn, over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches.
- Durable & hard wearing lawn seed
- Improved resilience against wear & tear
- Coating protects seed against stress & bird attack
- 10m2 +50% box
- 50m2 box
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Micro-Nutrient Coated Seed Gro-Sure® Lawn Seed is coated to significantly improve germination and for quicker establishment
- Excellent bird deterrent
- Organic compounds attract and retain moisture around the seed
- Micro nutrients for strong healthy rooting and rapid establishment
- Larger, heavier seed gets right down to soil surface for improved germination
- Plant hormones to stimulate growth
What to Expect
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 2 weeks, however if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer
When to Use
Lawn seed may be sown from March to October. Ideally sow during March to May or September to October.
Where to Use
Existing lawns – to over-seed
Bare soil – to establish new lawns
Patches – for repairs
How to Use
Best Conditions: Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10— 18°C.If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted
How to sow a new lawn
1. Prepare the soil by clearing away any debris and weeds
2. Dig over the soil, breaking down any lumps and tread the soil to firm it again. Level with a rake
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 30g/sq. m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
How to thicken an existing lawn
1. Remove any weeds. Mow the lawn closely. If the ground is compacted aerate using a garden fork.
2. Spread Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing to fill any shallow holes and to level-out the surface.
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 25g/sq. m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
Lightly firm the ground by walking over it or use a roller. This will press the seed into the soil. Water thoroughly. Use a fine-rosed watering can or sprinkler. Take care not to wash the seeds away. Water daily until established. In very hot conditions water late in the day once the sun has gone down. It is better to water thoroughly once rather than several times lightly. Mow for the first time when grass is 5-8cm high. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm. After 8 weeks we recommend feeding with Aftercut Ultra Green Plus Lawn Feed.
- 4-5 days before sowing a new lawn, lightly rake Westland Growmore into the soil
- When preparing to sow, if the soil is dry water it thoroughly the day before and leave to soak in overnight
- The top of the soil should be dry with moist soil just below the surface on the day of sowing
Frequently asked questions
Q. Should I cover the seed?
A. The seed should be sown onto and lightly raked in to the soil surface and no deeper than 1-2cm. A germination sheet (or fleece) can be used to speed up the germination stage but should still be removed upon emergence.
Q. When can I use a Weed Feed & Moss Killer?
A. Your lawn must be older than a year before using this type of product
Q. Does this contain annual ryegrass?
A. No we only use perennial ryegrass suitable for turf, as this is much slower growing and finer bladed than annual ryegrass. Ideal for lawns
Q. Why is it tough?
A. The blend of seed and the species used are specifically selected for wear tolerance. The grass needs to be able to tolerate and recover from wear and damage. Sensitive species will not be used
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org