Whether you are repairing bare spots, hollows or bumps in your lawn or creating a new lawn with turf then Westland Lawn & Turf Dressing is essential. This universal lawn dressing improves the root structure, drainage and physical condition of your lawn resulting in a stronger, healthier attractive looking lawn in a matter of weeks.
For lawn repairs, aerating & turf laying
- Formulated to improve growth & drainage of lawns
- Increases nutrient levels for a thicker, healthier lawn
- Can be used for conditioning & improving lawns
- Ideal as a turf underlay
- 25 litre
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips & Advice
Westland Lawn & Turf Dressing is specially formulated for use on all types of lawn, whether grown from seed or turf. It contains a blend of fine sieved loam, peat and sand with added fertilizer to nourish and feed the lawn. Use to fill in hollows and holes and with repeated use you will end up with a top quality professional looking lawn. It is also ideal as an underlay for laying turf and aerating compacted lawns. This bag will top dress approximately 12.5sq.m of lawn.
- Perfect base for lawn seed sowing
- Revives tired, compacted lawns
- Blend of peat, fine sieved loam and sand
- Additional fertilsier to nourish and feed lawn
What to Expect
Repeated use will help in creating a stronger, healthier lawn with improved physical condition, root growth and drainage.
When to Use
For best results apply in Autumn or Spring when the soil is moist and grass is actively growing. When top dressing apply when the lawn is dry
How to Use
First put on a pair of gloves and spread the Westland Lawn & Turf Dressing over the lawn surface. Top Tip – For best results apply in Autumn or Spring when the soil is moist and grass plants are at their most active.
After raking, spiking or machine scarifying, spread the dressing evenly over the surface of your lawn at 2 litres per sq.m. Then brush firmly into the surface using a stiff broom or the back of a rake to ensure even application and then water well. For best results, top dress when the lawn is dry
To repair hollows or bald patches caused by mower scalping, apply Lawn & Turf Dressing evenly over the surface at a depth of 10mm (½ inch). Water well and repeat fortnightly until a level surface has been achieved. When hollows are particularly deep, slit the turf with a spade, pull back either side and fill the hole with Lawn & Turf Dressing. Replace the turf and firm back into position. Fill the join with Lawn & Turf Dressing and water well.
Aerating the lawn in heavily compacted areas or areas prone to flooding or moss growth will allow air and water to penetrate and revive the lawn. Using a fork or a hollow tine aerator, work over the area to introduce holes into surface of the turf. Apply about 2 litres per sq.m of Westland Lawn & Turf Dressing over the area to fill in the holes and maintain drainage and aeration channel into the turf. Use a brush to fill in the holes and sweep up the excess.
Before laying turf ensure that the surface is completely flat, use Westland Lawn & Turf Dressing to fill in all hollows and depressions by using the back of a rake or a straight edge of a piece of wood. After laying turf, brush 1-2 litres per sq.m into the surface of the new turf, paying special attention to the joins. After dressing, keep the new turf watered well until the joins are no longer visible.
- Over sow thin patches of grass with grass seed after using Westland Lawn & Turf Dressing to ensure a thick lush lawn. Feed the lawn in the Spring and Summer with a lawn feed and conditioner to ensure good root growth and turf establishment.
- Overseed any thin patches with Gro-Sure Fast Acting Lawn Seed. This will discourage weeds and moss from establishing and helps to produce a thick, green, hard-wearing lawn.
- Use Aftercut Ultra Green Plus to improve the appearance and health of your lawn. The Ultra Green formula feeds, conditions and won’t scorch the lawn or need watering in.
- Store in a dry, frost-free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Rework Lawn & Turf Dressing between hands to reconstitute
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash your hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What ingredients are in Westland Lawn & Turf Dressing?
A. The ingredients are fine peat, sieved fine loam and sand with a small amount of nutrients
Q. Will this product tackle weeds and moss?
A. Not directly, but as part of your lawn care regime it can promote a healthy lawn out compete weeds and moss
Q. I have aerated and want to apply Lawn & Turf Dressing, do I need to remove plugs left behind on the soil surface?
A. You can choose to leave them or if unsightly brush them into the lawn or remove by hand
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email email@example.com