Gro-Sure Smart Ground Cover is a protective and decorative natural mulch ideal for use in, beds, borders, planters, containers and pots. Smart because it’s made with clever natural wood fibres that lock together to stay in place...
75% more effective at weed prevention than bark
50% more coverage than bark
Fibres lock together to stay in place, even on slopes!
|Location/Depth||1 bag covers|
|Beds & borders - 3cm depth||5sq.m|
|Plants/containers/pots* - 3cm depth||39 pots*|
|*Based on a 40cm circular pot|
• Do not apply when the ground is frozen.
• Smart Ground Cover is great for use with garden bulbs.
• Bulbs will grow up through the mulch and flower normally.
• Smart Ground Cover is safe to use with ericaceous / lime hating / acid loving plants.
• Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals.
• Reseal bag after use.
Clear away weeds thoroughly and completely before putting Smart Ground Cover down, including removing the roots of any perennial weeds. Water plants and soil before applying, to ensure the soil is moist. We recommend wearing gloves when handling.
Spread a layer of Smart Ground Cover 3 cm deep over the soil surface. Ensure the soil is evenly and completely covered.
When spreading, break up any clumps and fluff-up the mulch up to incorporate air. Suitable for use on beds and borders,
or containers. After spreading, water over the surface of the mulch. This locks the fibres together.
Should any weeds appear, remove as soon as possible to prevent them spreading. Smart Ground Cover Mulch will stay effective for years after application, but may need occasional replenishment to maintain a thick enough layer on top of the soil surface.
• Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust.
• Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use.
No spam, we promise