Please note this product has been retired from the range. However, you may still be able to purchase this item online or in store. Should you have any queries or issues with the product please do get in touch. Please see our new peat free version
Westland Aquatic Planting & Potting Mix has been specially formulated to support the healthy development of all aquatic plants. Use this compost to fill pond baskets and it is also ideal for the needs of aquatic plants like waterlilies, irises and lotus flowers.
The mix contains a heavy loam-based medium with added grit. This ensures good anchorage so you plants do not float astray, ensuring your best ever aquatic plants.
This specially blended planting and potting mix helps prevent leaching of nutrients into the water environment and provides a slow release of nutrients supporting a longer, healthier plant life. Prevention of nutrient leaching also helps reduce greening of water, inhibit algae production and provides sustained nutrition to plants for long lasting support.
- Contains sterilised soil and grit for healthy aquatic plants
- Slow release of nutrients to prevent greening of water
- Loam based for nutrient retention
- To find out more about our Specialist range of feeds and compost click here
- 20 litre
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips and advice
Westland Aquatic Compost contains a mix of sterilised soil (loam) to help retain vital nutrients for the plant and a balance of low-level fertiliser to encourage aquatic plants to grow healthily.
Westland Aquatic Planting & Potting Mix offers the ideal balance between soil, grit, nutrients and loam making it the perfect environment for healthy aquatic plants.
How to use
Potting water plants & marginals
- First, put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands to break it up.
- Select a mesh container suitable for the size of the plan.
- Line the container with a netting of hessian sacking.
- Half fill the container with Aquatic Compost.
- Position the plant in the centre of the container, spreading out the roots.
- Fill the remainder of the container to within 1cm of its top and firm it down.
- Add a layer of horticultural grit on top of the Aquatic Compost. This will prevent the compost from escaping into the water.
- Submerge the plant carefully allowing the water to slowly penetrate the Aquatic Compost.
When to Use
Can be used throughout the year for indoor and outdoor aquatic plant arrangements.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Some of the material has dispersed whilst placing the pot in the water – is this normal?
A. Yes, you can minimise the amount of compost that escapes by applying a layer of horticulture grit on top of the Aquatic Compost and also wetting the compost before filling the planter/basket or container.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email email@example.com.