NOW PEAT FREE
Westland Alpine Planting & Potting Mix is now peat free and has been specially blended with added zinc complex which naturally supports plant health. This will result in a stronger and also much healthier alpine garden. This Alpine planting & potting mix contains grit and is free draining for healthy roots – making it the perfect mix for alpine plants to thrive. It also contains a slow release feed.
Zinc complex helps build and sustain plant immunity enabling them to better withstand pest and disease attack. Therefore resulting in nourished, protected and flourishing alpines.
- Free-draining mix prevents water logging
- Grit-based blend for perfect root environment
- Low level feed for balanced growth
- Added zinc complex helps build plant resilience
- To find out more about our Specialist range of feeds and compost click here
If plants appear pale or yellow ensure you feed with Boost All Purpose Plant Food. This feed is specially formulated for use with peat reduced, peat free and ericaceous composts.
- 25 litre
- Why Use
- How to Use
- Feel Good Gardening
- Tips & Advice
Westland Alpine Planting & Potting Mix is now peat free and has been specially developed to give gardeners the ideal medium for planting all types of alpine plants. Containing added grit and zinc complex, this high performance compost offers unrivalled results in plant health, root establishment and moisture retention, helping to build the plant’s immunity against pests and diseases.
This compost offers the ideal balance between air and water holding, making it the perfect environment for healthy root growth, keeping alpine plants hydrated and nourished.
When to use
Can be used throughout the year when planting alpines into beds or borders, or when potting on.
- Unsuitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Don’t forget to dead-head as this encourages more flowers
- Store in a dry frost-free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Use in a well-ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Westland Alpine Planting & Potting mix does not contain organic elements so it should not be attractive to animals.
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. Westland Alpine Planting & Potting mix may be suitable for succulent and cactus houseplants – however, you may want to choose a more specific to your requirements, for example, our Houseplant Potting Mix.
Q. Can I use this compost for Fruit & Vegetables?
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.