Westland Alpine Planting & Potting Mix has been specially blended with added zinc complex. This naturally supports plant health for a stronger and also much healthier alpine garden.
Zinc complex is important in the production of plant growth hormone auxin. It improves the transport of water and also nutrients around plants. Therefore it promotes root and shoot growth for stronger, healthier plants. Encouraging photosynthesis for plant energy production.
- Free-draining mix prevents water logging
- Grit-based blend for perfect root environment
- Low level feed for balanced growth
- Added zinc complex helps build plant resilience
- To find out more about our Specialist range of feeds and compost click here
- 25 litre
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Westland Alpine Planting & Potting Mix has been specially developed to give gardeners the ideal medium for planting all types of alpine plants. Containing added grit and zinc complex, this high performance compost offers unrivalled results in plant health, root establishment and moisture retention, helping to build the plant’s immunity against pests and diseases.
At Westland, we’re always striving to make our products clearer and easier to understand so you can make more informed purchase decisions.
This compost contains a medium level of peat for a better, more consistent growing medium with improved moisture and nutrient retention. It offers the ideal balance between air and water holding, making it the perfect environment for healthy root growth, keeping alpine plants hydrated and nourished.
How to use
- Ensure pot has adequate drainage holes.
- Thoroughly water the plant, gently tap the pot to remove plant, shake off loose compost.
- Half fill pot with new compost, place plant in pot, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water.
- Top with a layer of grit.
- Dig a hole approx. twice the depth and diameter of root ball.
- Place plant in hole with new compost, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water.
- Top with a layer of grit.
When to use
Can be used throughout the year when planting alpines into beds or borders, or when potting on.
- Unsuitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Don’t forget to dead-head as this encourages more flowers
- Store in a dry frost-free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Use in a well-ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Westland Alpine Planting & Potting mix does not contain organic elements so it should not be attractive to animals.
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. Westland Alpine Planting & Potting mix may be suitable for succulent and cactus houseplants – however, you may want to choose a more specific to your requirements, for example, our Houseplant Potting Mix.
Q. Can I use this compost for Fruit & Vegetables?
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com.