NOW PEAT FREE
Westland Rose Planting & Potting Mix has been specially blended to support plant health with a new peat free blend, strengthening roses from the inside out. With a 6 month slow release feed, combined with added sulphur, as well as zinc complex; this perfect blend ensures your best ever roses.
Zinc complex is important in the production of plant growth hormone auxin. Improving transport of water and nutrients around plant. Promoting root and shoot growth for stronger, healthier plants. Encouraging photosynthesis for plant energy production
- 6 month slow release feed
- Added Sulphur to help withstand blackspot
- Aids fast establishment
- Added zinc complex helps build plant resilience
- 25 Litre
- 50 Litre
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips and advice
Westland Rose Planting & Potting Mix has been specially developed to give gardeners the ideal medium for planting all types of roses. Containing 6 months feed with added sulphur and zinc complex, this high performance compost offers unrivalled results in plant health, root establishment and moisture retention, helping to build the plant’s immunity against pests and diseases such as Blackspot and rust.
How to Use
- Thoroughly water the plant
- Gently tap the pot to remove the plant and shake off any loose compost
- Half fill the container with new compost
- Place plant in the container, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water
Beds & Borders
- Dig a hole approx. twice the depth and diameter of the root ball
- Place plant in the hole with new compost, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water well
When to Use
Can be used throughout the year when potting or planting out rose plants.
- Unsuitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Don’t forget to dead-head, removing flowers after they have bloomed to ensure maximum plant energy for more flowers
- Store in a dry, frost-free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Westland Rose Planting & Potting Mix does not contain organic elements so it should not be attractive to animals.
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. Westland Rose Planting & Potting Mix can be used with larger flowering houseplants however you may want to choose a more specific to your requirements, for example, our Houseplant Potting Mix.
Q. Can I use this compost for Fruit & Vegetables?
A. Yes, you will get great results with this compost with your fruit and vegetables. Supplement with a suitable liquid plant feed if you are growing particularly nutrient hungry crops.
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm) or email email@example.com