Westland Ericaceous Planting & Potting Mix has been specially blended with added zinc complex that naturally supports plant health for an abundance of stronger, healthier acid-loving plants such as rhododendrons, azaleas and camellias.
- 6-month slow-release feed for sustained growth
- Slow release iron to maintain acidic root environment
- Promotes chlorophyll production for greener, glossier foliage
- Added zinc complex helps build plant resilience
- 10 Litre
- 25 Litre
- 60 Litre
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Westland Ericaceous Planting & Potting Mix has been specially developed to give gardeners the ideal medium for lime hating plants. Containing 6 months feed and added Iron and zinc complex, this high performance compost offers unrivalled results in plant health and moisture retention.
At Westland, we’re always striving to make our products clearer and easier to understand, so you can make more informed purchase decisions.
This compost contains a medium level of peat for a better, more consistent growing medium with improved moisture and nutrient retention. It offers the ideal balance between air and water holding, making it the perfect environment for healthy root growth, keeping trees plants hydrated and nourished.
How to Use
- Thoroughly water the plant, gently tap the pot to remove plant, shake off loose compost.
- Half fill pot with new compost, place plant in pot, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water.
Beds & Borders
- Dig a hole approx. twice the depth and diameter of root ball.
- Place plant in hole with new compost, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water well.
When to Use
Can be used throughout the year when potting or planting out ericaceous plants.
- Suitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants.
- Store in a frost free place and away from weed killers and other garden chemicals.
- Re-seal bag after use.
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust.
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use.
- Don’t forget to dead-head to encourage more flowers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Westland Ericaceous Planting & Potting Mix does not contain any ingredients that are attractive to animals.
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. Westland Ericaceous Planting & Potting Mix is not suitable for house plants, we would recommend our Westland Houseplant Potting Mix.
Q. Can I use this compost for fruit and vegetables?
A. Yes, you will get great results with acid loving fruit, such as blueberries.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com