Our Tree & Shrub Planting & Potting Mix has been specially blended to support plant health, strengthening trees and shrubs from the inside out.
- 6-month slow-release feed for sustained growth
- Promotes rooting for fast establishment
- Reduces stress from transplanting
- Added zinc complex helps to build plant resilience
- 60 Litre bag
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips and advice
Westland Tree and Shrub Planting & Potting Mix has been specially developed to give gardeners the ideal medium for planting trees and shrubs. Containing 6 months feed with added biochar and zinc complex, this high performance compost offers unrivalled results in plant health, root establishment and moisture retention, helping to build the plants’ immunity against pests and diseases.
At Westland, we’re always striving to make our products clearer and easier to understand so you can make more informed purchase decisions.
This compost contains a medium level of peat for a better, more consistent growing medium with improved moisture and nutrient retention. It offers the ideal balance between air and water holding, making it the perfect environment for healthy root growth, keeping trees and shrubs hydrated and nourished.
How to use
- Thoroughly water the plant, gently tap the pot to remove plant, shake off loose compost.
- Half fill pot with new compost, place plant in pot, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water
Beds & Borders
- Dig a hole approx. twice the depth and diameter of root ball.
- Place plant in hole with new compost, fill gaps with more compost, firm in and water well.
When to use
Can be used throughout the year when planting trees or shrubs into beds or borders, or when potting on.
- Unsuitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Prune trees and shrubs regularly to remove old or dead wood
- Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my pets or wildlife be attracted to this product?
A. Westland Tree and Shrub Planting & Potting Mix doesn’t contain organic elements so it should not be attractive to animals.
Q. Can I use this compost for my houseplants?
A. Westland Tree and Shrub Planting & Potting Mix is not suitable for houseplants. We suggest that you choose a more specific compost for your requirements, for example, our Houseplant Potting Mix.
Q. Can I use this compost for Fruit & Vegetables?
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon – Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org