By April, the days have started lengthening and the weather is getting a lot warmer.
April is the traditional month to start injecting some colour in your garden by potting up containers, borders and hanging baskets with flowers.
- Give your lawn a spring treatment
- Sow a giant sunflower
- Prune spring shrubs
- Plant young sweet peas into hanging baskets
- Plant out summer bulbs
Fruit & Veg
- Sow courgette seeds
- Plant tomatoes into greenhouse growbags
- Pot-on your young plants
- Increase citrus plant feeding
- Plant strawberries outside
- Start off cucumber seeds in a greenhouse
- Tackle weeds on your patio, path and driveway
- Feed garden birds