Growing Success Slug & Snail Trap is a sturdy trap that you insert into the ground and fill with brine or beer with salt. The trap allows for a chemical free control of molluscs.
- Pesticide free and suitable for organic gardening
- Traps up to 50 slugs
View our Growing Success Slug Range
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Growing Success Slug & Snail Trap is designed to help protect plants from damage caused by slugs and snails. It will attract them from a 1.5 metre radius and will trap up to 50 slugs and snails at a time. For best results use more than one trap and deploy traps before planting out.
- Specifically designed to help protect plants from the damage caused by slugs and snails
- Will attract slugs and snails within a 1.5 metre radius
- For best results use more than one trap and deploy traps before planting out
- Allows slugs and snails to be killed without the use of synthetic chemicals
- Dead slugs and snails can easily be disposed of without having to be handled
What to Expect
Slugs and snails will be attracted to the trap and enter it. The slugs and snails will be unable to climb out and will drown.
Once the trap is full, dispose of its contents, reset it and it will continue to catch slugs and snails.
How to Use
- Place the bottom of the slug & snail trap into the ground, level with the soil
- Pour 550ml of cold water into the trap and add 2 teaspoonfuls of salt or alternatively pour a small amount of beer into the trap and add 2 teaspoonfuls of salt
- Put the lid onto the trap
- To empty the trap take off the lid, lift the trap from the soil and dispose of contents
- Reset the trap to continue catching slugs and snails
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What else could I use in this trap?
A. Salt water or beer give the best results
Q. Does this harm beneficial insects?
A. No, it is very unlikely they would show any interest in this trap
Q. Where can I dispose of the dead slugs?
A. They can be disposed of in your normal household waste bin or dig into soil, or placed on compost heap
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email email@example.com