For every bag of Nature’s Haven Peat Free Multi-Purpose Compost purchased, Westland will plant 1sq.m of wildflowers for the creation of natural havens across the country that attract birds, bees, butterflies and beneficial insects. So you can be assured that you have done your part to nurture and sustain wildlife habitats nationwide.
This peat free compost will work in harmony with your garden. Produced from a balanced blend of West+, coir and composted bark. It is enriched with organic nutrients to feed for up to 8 weeks, making it perfect for use all around the garden.
• Dig a hole twice the size of root ball diameter and add a layer of compost.
• Place plant in hole and back fill with compost.
• Firm compost around plant and water well.
• Water plant well and allow to drain.
• Allow enough space to accommodate roots.
• Remove from pot and plant in new container, firmly the compost gently around the roots.
• Once fully planted, water well.
• Choose container with adequate drainage holes. Place layer of grit in container and fill with compost. For hanging baskets, line basket with moss or liner and fill with compost.
• Plant with trailing plants around the edge and upright plants in the middle.
• Water well.
• Prick out seedlings once they are large enough to handle.
• Hold seedling by the leaves to avoid damage and gently tease the roots from the compost, using a dibber or pencil.
• Plant seedlings far enough apart to allow for growth.
• Water regularly until seedlings are ready for potting-on.
• Fill seed tray evenly with compost, firm gently and water.
• Make sloping cut in stem of cutting, remove all bottom leaves and dip end of cutting in hormone rooting powder.
• Make hole in the compost with pencil or dibber.
• Place cutting into hole and firm compost gently around it.
• Cover tray with glass/polythene to prevent drying out and place in a warm spot out of direct sunlight, until cuttings have taken.
• Unsuitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
• Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals.
• Reseal bag after use.
• Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust.
• Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash hands after use.
No spam, we promise