Please note this product has been retired from the range. However, you may still be able to purchase this item online or in store. Should you have any queries or issues with the product please do get in touch.
Please see our new and improved Bonsai Potting Mix
- For strong roots and healthy trees
- Specialist blend
- Open structured compost for healthy root growth
- Contains water-retaining Seramis
- Perfect for all your bonsai including Money tree, Dragon tree, Umbrella tree, Ficus, Chinese Elm and Ginseng Tea plant
- Use Bonsai Potting Mix with our Bonsai Feed for even better results
View our advice articles and our full indoor product range here
- 4 litre
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
When to Use
- Spring or Autumn
How to use
Don’t forget to pot top! Adding Hydroleca as a pot topper will provide a decorative appearance, help to minimise over watering and discourage attraction of pests.
- Water once or even twice a day during summer, but less frequently in winter
- Always ensure that excess water can drain freely to avoid root damage.
- Westland Bonsai Potting Mix will supply your plants with all the nutrients they need for the first 6–8 weeks
- During spring and early summer, feed your plant with Westland Bonsai Feed every two weeks
Tips for Better Results
- Keep plants out of draughts and away from intense heat. Spraying with water at room temperature twice a week and sponging the leaves occasionally to remove dust is also recommended
- Nip branches back when they begin to grow otherwise pruning cuts will show up in wood and will be noticeable.
- Store in a dry, frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use
- Not suitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I use this for outdoor plants?
A. Yes this can be used for other plants but , but we would recommend early feeding as Westland Bonsai Potting Mix has reduced nutrients to keep the plants compact
Q. Will this be attractive for my pets?
A. This will not be attractive to most pets as it does not contain any organic fertiliser elements
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org