Produced from a balanced blend of composted bark, coir, worm compost and wood fibre, this peat free & organic multi-purpose compost offers the best planting conditions making it ideal for use all around the garden. It provides a natural source of organic nutrients and minerals that will feed your plants for up to 6 weeks.
First put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands, so it regains it’s intended texture. Then you’re all set.
• Dig a hole twice the size of root ball diameter and add a layer of compost.
• Place plant in hole and back fill with compost.
• Firm compost around plant and water well.
• Choose container with adequate drainage holes. Place layer of grit in container and fill with compost. For hanging baskets, line basket with moss or liner and fill with compost.
• Plant with trailing plants around the edge and upright plants in the middle.
• Water well.
• Water plant well and allow to drain.
• Allow enough space to accommodate roots.
• Remove from pot and plant in new container, firming compost gently around the roots.
• Once fully planted, water well.
• Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
• Reseal bag after use
• Not suitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
• Prick out seedlings once they are large enough to handle.
• Hold seedling by the leaves to avoid damage and gently tease the roots from the compost, using a dibber or pencil.
• Plant seedlings apart to allow for growth.
• Water regularly until seedlings are ready for potting-on.
• Fill seed tray evenly with compost, firm gently and water.
• Make sloping cut in stem of cutting, remove all bottom leaves and dip end of cutting in hormone rooting powder.
• Make hole in the compost with pencil or dibber.
• Place cutting into hole and firm compost gently around it.
• Cover tray with glass/polythene to prevent drying out and place in a warm spot out of direct sunlight, until cuttings have taken.
New Horizon composts and planters are now enriched with natural and beneficial worm cast compost bringing a new dimension to our blends. It provides friendly bacteria, mycorrhizal fungi and natural enzymes – a probiotic for plants! All of these elements combine to create an earthy compost that enables nutrients to be broken down and more quickly absorbed by plants:
Put simply worm cast compost:
• Improves compost fertility
• Enriches compost with beneficial microbes
• Builds plant health, vitality and immunity
No spam, we promise