Aftercut Lawn Thickener is a mix of lawn feed and grass seed, that greens and thickens the lawn in one easy step. It invigorates existing grass and adds new life to your lawn in just three days. It is also child and pet safe so you don’t have to worry. Use Aftercut Lawn Thickener Feed & Seed in spring through to autumn for a luscious lawn all year round.
- 100m2 box
- 150m2 box
- Product Details
- How To Use
- Tips & Advice
- Useful information
A mix of lawn feed and grass seed, that greens and thickens the lawn in one easy step.
- Regular low level feeds are one of the best ways to feed your lawn
- High quality grass seed varieties replace plants lost over time
- No excessive grass growth for less mowing
- Green and lush results
- Child and pet safe
What to Expect
After 3 DAYS the lawn will become greener and healthier. Over the following days and weeks, the grass seed will germinate to create a lusher, thicker lawn
NPK 3-2-3 with Iron and Magnesium
When to Use
Apply every 3-4 weeks from Spring to Autumn when the grass is actively growing. For best results apply to the lawn after mowing and remove the clippings for better seed-soil contact.
Best Conditions: apply when the soil is moist and the grass is dry. Do not apply when soil is dry, during freezing conditions or when frost is expected.
How to Use
It is good practice to wear gloves when using the product. Apply the granules thinly and evenly to ensure the same result across the entire lawn. Mark out the areas to be treated.
Handy Tip: 1 parking space = 2 x 5 metres = 10 sq. m
- Apply 35 grams per square metre over the marked area
By wheeled spreader
- Apply at a rate of 35 grams per square metre over the lawn
- Use the correct spreader setting or calibrate your spreader to apply the correct amount
Brush off granules immediately from hard surfaces, decking, clothing and footwear to avoid staining/discolouration. Do not wash as may cause staining. Water in thoroughly after application.
Keep the lawn well watered for at least 2 weeks to help grass seed germination. After 3 days the lawn will become greener and healthier.
Over the following days and weeks, the grass seed will germinate to create a lusher, thicker lawn.
Tips to Feed your Lawn
Feeding and regular maintenance provides the nutrients needed for a healthy lawn that looks green and lush. Also helps to develop a strong root system in your lawn to withstand weather/traffic and to crowd out weeds and moss. Ideally, follow these season treatments for best results:
Your lawn needs extra nutrition as it starts actively growing. Also itʼs the ideal time to overseed. Combine these two steps by applying Aftercut Lawn Thickener between March-May.
Lawn gets most use and dry weather takes it toll. Feed your lawn for root strengthening and green results by applying Aftercut Lawn Thickener between June-August.
Care taken now will reap rewards next spring. Feed your lawn again for a final boost before winter time for more resistant leaves and roots.
- Do not exceed the maximum recommended rate of 35gr per sq.m. Overdosing with fertiliser can damage your lawn
- Children and pets need NOT be excluded from treated areas
- Avoid walking or allowing pets to go on the treated area until the granules have been watered in, and the lawn is fully dry
- Transferring product onto hard surfaces and into the house may cause staining
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use
- Store away from children and pets in a dry frost-free place
- Keep off skin
- Gloves are recommended when handling this product
- Contents may settle in transit
- For use only as a home and garden lawn treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my children & pets go into the treated area?
A. Water the product in and allow lawn to dry to prevent the product from being transferred (on paws or shoes) from the lawn to other areas where it may stain.
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contents may settle in transit
- For use only as a home lawn treatment