Gro-Sure Fine & Luxurious Lawn Seed is a blend of superior grass seed varieties ideal for starting a new lawn, over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches.
- Fine-bladed grass
- Feels and looks luxurious
- Maintains colour all season long
- Seed treatment to help deter birds from feeding
- 30m2 box
- 100m2 bag
- Product Details
- How to use
- Tips & advice
Micro-Nutrient Coated Seed Gro-Sure® Lawn Seed is coated to significantly improve germination and for quicker establishment
- Excellent bird deterrent
- Organic compounds attract and retain moisture around the seed
- Micronutrients for strong healthy rooting and rapid establishment
- Larger, heavier seed gets right down to soil surface for improved germination
- Plant hormones to stimulate growth
What to Expect
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 3 weeks, however, if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer.
When to Use
Lawn seed may be sown from March to October. Ideally sow during March to May or September to October.
Where to Use
- Existing lawns – to over-seed
- Bare soil – to establish new lawns
- Patches – for repairs
How to Use
Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10—18°C
If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted
How to Sow a New Lawn
1. Prepare the soil by clearing away any debris and weeds
2. Dig over the soil, breaking down any lumps and tread the soil to firm it again. Level with a rake
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 30g/sq. m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
How to Thicken an Existing Lawn
1. Remove any weeds. Mow the lawn closely. If the ground is compacted aerate using a garden fork
2. Spread Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing to fill any shallow holes and to level-out the surface
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 25g/sq. m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
- Lightly firm the ground by walking over it or use a roller. This will press the seed into the soil
- Water thoroughly using a fine-rosed watering can or sprinkler, taking care not to wash the seeds away
- Water daily until established. In very hot conditions water late in the day once the sun has gone down. It is better to water thoroughly once rather than several times lightly
- Mow for the first time when grass is 5-8cm high. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm
- After 8 weeks we recommend feeding with Aftercut Ultra Green Plus Lawn Feed
- 4-5 days before sowing a new lawn, lightly rake Westland Growmore into the soil
- When preparing to sow, if the soil is dry water it thoroughly the day before and leave to soak in overnight
- Shake the box first to mix up the seeds
- The top of the soil should be dry with moist soil just below the surface on the day of sowing
- Store in a cool, dry place and use within the season of purchase
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I cover the seed?
A. The seed should be sown onto and lightly raked in to the soil surface and no deeper than 1-2cm. A germination sheet (or fleece) can be used to speed up the germination stage but should still be removed upon emergence
Q. When can I use a Weed Feed & Moss Killer?
A. Your lawn must be older than a year before using this type of product
Q. Does this contain ryegrass?
A. This mixture contains a blend of fine leaf fescue varieties, no ryegrass
Q. Can I use this blend in a high wear area?
A. This mixture does not thrive in areas with a lot of foot traffic, it is much better to sow it in a show area with little to no foot traffic where the grass can establish and grow
For any other questions or advice please contact our Technical Advice line on: 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org